Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Decorating our Christmas Tree

.....And its UP


Once the tree is up and in its stand Mama takes over...
This year I changed it up a little. I've always had colored twinkle lights on my tree, but this year Joe asked for clear so I did for a change, but wrapped the trunk of the tree with color lights. I wanted it to pop. It looks OKAY!! :)

I also have a weird way of decorating the tree. Once the lights are wrapped around most of the branches and ready for ornaments I TURN OFF the lights. We hang ornaments on a plain, not light tree. Why you ask?? Well I think its easier to place ornaments. You can see where the missing spots are and where there is too much clutter. I think it goes pretty quick & easy following this process.

We laid the tree skirt after we water our pretty tree.

The girls started hanging ornaments.
Mama pulling ornaments out and sorting them by kid friendly vs NO TOUCH piles.
As you can see my little ladies were VERY big helpers and loved every minute of it. They would talk about there ornaments sorta tell a story about it. Really cute. Mama would find her special ones and share those stories too. The girls are so fascinated about past holidays and seeing all the ornaments, decorations, and pictures. We have a very precocious Kindergartner in the house this year and a little sister not far behind.

Natale being sweet putting on a princess bulb on the tree.


Avery placing a cute snowman bulb. She was so delicate and respectful of our special ornaments. I've shared with the girls that most of the special ones are theirs....so be gentle so we can have them for many more Christmases.
Also something new, I added tinsel this year. I had 3 packages of them and thought what the heck. It looks really pretty as LONG AS THE TREE is LITE. The tinsel makes the tree have extra sparkle and its a really pretty tree....lite up!! Everything is up and looking great. Mama even put some lights up outside to give some of the neighbors a run for their money. I'll try to get a good picture of the outside lights to show off.

All done........yipeeeee!!
Now I need to go wrap and/or buy some gifts for under the tree. Right now Patton is LOVING the coziness of the tree too. :) Merry Christmas