Monday, July 19, 2010

Marriage of Jake & Darci Smulkowski

What comes around goes around......

One of our best friends, Jake Smulkowski married Joe and I in November 2004. When we found out Jake was going to marry Darci, we were SO thrilled for him. In June 2009, our family vacation to Sun Mountain Lodge in Kellogg, Idaho also included a visit with our Reverend and his fiance. During our visit, I started asking questions about the wedding, where, when, location and other important details that were in their plans. Darci then shared that Jake intended Joe to marry them just like He marry us. I almost cried.

July 2010.....We had planned for several weeks for our trip to Hayden ID. to be without kids. We headed over on Thursday morning to make it to the rehearsal by 5pm in Deer Park. We had a great weekend celebrating our Friend's Big day. Joe and I stayed with Jake at his place and I had a great time hanging with the groom, best man and officiant....GOOD TIMES! :)
It was great to meet Jake's mom and dad. Renee and I had never met, but you would have never known. It was nice to have conversations with adults and not have little ones interrupting you. I was included in a Bridal Tea for Darci and got to know many of her girlfriends and her lovely family. Thank you for including us like family!!

The BIG DAY.....July 17th 2010

The Princes with the newly married Smulkowski's. Jake and Darci got married at a Beautiful farm in Deer Park, WA just North of Spokane.

Joe as the Officiant and the Groom waiting for his Bride....




Here comes the Bride....


Darci looked SO Pretty!


the hand-off

And then....They're MARRIED!!


Joe did a GREAT job as the Officiant. He received several comments of approval. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and watched them cut the cake. We headed out a bit early to start our trip home. We missed our babies and were tired from the FUN-filled weekend.
We are SO very happy for Jake and Darci!! Congratulations!! We Love you!!
And a BIG Thank you to Gram and Gramps for taking the girls and Henry for the first few days....and another Big Thanks goes to GG for having the girls the last part of the weekend and for Auntie Krissy for being there too with a brand new baby!! Thanks for your help & WE LOVE YOU!!