Quadrant periodically offers its customers the opportunity to tour their home. Their safety policy opposes unescorted site visits so the framing walk was a good opportunity to go inside the house. (Yeah, I know).
The Framing Walk is set up for the same day that the final structural inspection is supposed to happen. The Site Superintendent and I met on site at 8:00 AM on Friday and room by room, we explored the house looking at the methods, materials and layout, and discussing how things work.
We also discussed the exterior concrete flat work. While the back slab will have to be rectangular, I adjusted the location to offset it toward the up-hill side. The front walk will lead straight away from the door and make a 90 degree turn to the driveway and leave us a 4 foot wide path along the garage wall that will allow us to plant a few trees to make that wall look a little less imposing.
I have to say, I'm impressed with not only the speed at which they do the work, but the quality is good too. The materials and execution are very reassuring--we are getting a home built at the level of quality that I would expect if we generalled it ourselves. I can't wait to see the finished product.
The Framing Walk is set up for the same day that the final structural inspection is supposed to happen. The Site Superintendent and I met on site at 8:00 AM on Friday and room by room, we explored the house looking at the methods, materials and layout, and discussing how things work.
We also discussed the exterior concrete flat work. While the back slab will have to be rectangular, I adjusted the location to offset it toward the up-hill side. The front walk will lead straight away from the door and make a 90 degree turn to the driveway and leave us a 4 foot wide path along the garage wall that will allow us to plant a few trees to make that wall look a little less imposing.
I have to say, I'm impressed with not only the speed at which they do the work, but the quality is good too. The materials and execution are very reassuring--we are getting a home built at the level of quality that I would expect if we generalled it ourselves. I can't wait to see the finished product.